Sunday, August 8, 2010

Dayton City Paper Review


Sunglasses, Convenient Landscape Series, 2010, gouache, colored pencil, graphite and gesso on paper

Jane Black, artist and the executive director of Dayton Visual Arts Center profiled Amy Kollar Anderson's and my show at Gallery 510 for her Looking About column in the Dayton City Paper. Instead of reading like an advertisement for the exhibition, Jane's writing actually tackles our two bodies of work in a more substantive manner.

As an artist I appreciate any attention to my work (it's terrible to be ignored!) and a press clipping is something tangible to send to my parents. It's proof that all those hours spent mulling over the beauty of my neon sunglasses does have an impact eventually. It's even more amazing, though, when it's obvious that the writer has thoughtfully considered your work.

You can read the piece online here.

No comments:

Post a Comment